Monday, April 08, 2013

Gospel Harmony Joy...


I have long wanted a parallel of the Gospels.  Some time ago, a couple of years, I think, I found this one and stuck it in my Amazon shopping cart.  With all that has changed for me, I could not really justify purchasing it ... even though it is my beloved NASB 1977 version of the bible.

Then, a few weeks ago, I found a merchant on Amazon who was offering it for next to nothing.  A new copy of an old book that was probably sitting on a shelf gathering dust.  I ordered it...and then forgot I ordered it because it was coming through the slow boat from China that is media mail.

I ordered it, despite the rather dire financial standing of late, because of how much I am forgetting about the Bible and because of how difficult it is for me to comprehend what I am reading.  I thought an organized presentation of the Gospels, at least, might help me hold on to a few things of Jesus.

Today, after a long and difficult night, I fell asleep with the dawn and woke up mid-afternoon to find this on my porch.

Oh, the joy!

I quipped about how I was sure to start losing all my Facebook friends from too many posts about the Gospels.  One responded that there could never be too many posts about the Gospel.  So, I started writing my thoughts as I began reading this.  I just posted the 7th one here on my blog (in real time), wondering why I was having them only on Facebook.  Here is where my external memory lies.  Here is what is important to me.

So, I back posted this photo and plan to put my Gospel joy thoughts 1-6 between it and this one.


Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!

No comments: