Friday, November 01, 2013

The crud...


Monday I wondered.  Tuesday I knew.  Wednesday, well, the crud in all its misery descended upon my person.  In case you are wondering, repeated sneezing does not actually go well with a PTSD puppy.  Nor does coughing.  The indoors has become as frightening as the outdoors to Amos.

When I startle him with a sneeze or a cough or a throat clearing, Amos leaps off my person in fear.  He runs away and hides.  Then, he comes crawling back and tries to make up for deserting me.  His way of making up is to give me kisses and park himself atop my chest and tuck his head on my shoulder.  Having a 22 pound fluff ball sitting atop your chest when you have a wretched cold is not the best comfort a girl can have.  Amos, however, doesn't understand this.

Sandra, most merciful of women, offered to fetch me something from Walmart since she was on her way there.  Being disabled and chronically ill, you would think I would barely blink at this little bitty cold.  But I am not really a cold person. Or a flu person, even though my dirty little secret is that because I have reacted to so many vaccines over the years, I do not take the flu vaccine.  I have colds so infrequently I forget how wretched they are.

Man ... the throat!

I've been complaining to one and all about the knives stabbing my throat.  Searing pain that makes me want to scream whenever I sneeze.  Without the Internet—this flickering FIOS is really starting to bother me—I texted Sandra to ask if she knew any home remedies for sore throats.  She told me to drink warm liquids.  So, out came the tea pot.  This afternoon, once the Internet was finally restored, I Googled and read that Ibuprofen actually helps, because the throat can become inflamed and so an NSAID painkiller would help.  Mine was expired, so I asked Sandra if she would fetch me some and some generic NyQuil so I could get some sleep, hopefully.  Sandra, being kind, threw in some numbing throat lozenges and some Blue Bell.

BLUE BELL!

Blue Bell almost makes up for nearly a day without Internet, a day without streaming and articles to distract me from the misery and the changes and the fear.  Blue Bell is most miraculous.  Blue Bell is most magical.  Blue Bell is most merciful.


I am yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: