Monday, November 14, 2016

Battle of wills...


You know, I just had to tell Becky that my tea only freezes when the jar becomes empty.  This evening, I discovered that the entire two quarts had frozen solid.  SIGH.  I set it out to thaw and have been trying to leave the refrigerator door open a bit.  The new refrigerator cannot come soon enough!




This popped up on my news feed, and I just had to chuckle ... deeply ... when I spotted it.  Too true, for me, when it comes to waiting for both Zofran and my migraine meds to kick in.

Today is Day 27 of no hormones.  I used to be a by-the-book-28-day-cycle sort of gal.  So, I wonder if tomorrow will finally bring a change.  Only, well, I learned that it can be a few months before things get going again ... if they are going to get going.  I am not good with waiting or uncertainty.  SIGH.  I am trying to remain focused in the money I am saving not taking them.

Today is Day 3 of Amos taking doggy theanine.  Becky mused if theanine was available for dog, whilst we were discussing just how much that helps the anxiety.  I Googled and, sure enough, there is!  I read through a 1,001 ingredient lists before settling on one.   I think it is easier for me to touch him, without startling him, but I do not know how much the theanine might eventually help Amos.  He still freaks out when I inhale before sneezing, for example.  Silly pupper.

Amos and I managed our dinky walk today.  Day 8 of that physical challenge for me and Day 8 of that fear challenge for him.  He loathes his leash so much that he jerks himself out of it and often falls to the floor, being tripped up as he pulls himself free.  So I am trying to teach him to sit before I take it off and then stay whilst I am taking it off.  My little Fluffernutter is highly obedient with sit and stay when it comes to giving him a dish to pre-clean for me.  Not so much with waiting for me to remove the leash.  So, each time we get home from a walk, Amos and I become locked in a battle of wills.

Who do you think will prevail?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Maybe a dish to pre-clean near by might motivate him to be still to get it off.