Monday, November 21, 2016

Worrywart...


I was such a mess when Amos was at his worst.  It was not that he was vomiting everywhere, but that he kept vomiting.  Neither he nor I slept.  I am 99.99% sure it was the Benadryl, which is good in that he stopped vomiting when I stopped it, but it is not good in that Benadryl is an important and useful medicine.

It was hard to see Amos' skin so very red, but he is strikingly better after four days on the allergy medicine that the vet gave him (the very non-economical allergy medicine).  His skin is normal color, his fever is gone, and all but two of the spots he chewed have peach fuzz growing on them.  The two worst spots on his backside are bare skin, but the skin is almost healed.  I am very, very, very relieved.

Friday and Saturday, Amos mostly slept.  He was up all night Wednesday vomiting, so he was tuckered out.  But I guess being all inflamed made him exhausted, too.  Today, he is back to his perky, sneaky, cuddling self.  And his appetite has fully returned.  You know Amos is in a bad way when he is not interested in his food.  Friday morning, when he didn't finish his breakfast, I was scared.  Now, though, he is back to his 30 second scarf job.

I am bothered that this is the fourth illness of Amos since May.  Three fevers in such a short time when my other dog never had a one.  His vet said that he could be immunocompromised, especially since he went through such a vicious trauma when he was so little.  Amos is getting his teeth cleaned in February, and his vet requires a full blood panel before anesthesia.  I would much rather that happen now, but I don't want to pay for it twice given that I just bought another refrigerator!  However, I worry.

The blood work will look at his blood cell counts, liver function, kidney function, and pancreas function.  With Amos being so much better today, as opposed to how ill he was on Wednesday night, I am worried less.  However, I am looking forward to his blood work.  I want to know that there is nothing long-term wrong with Amos.

Yes, I am such a worrywart where my beloved Fluffernutter is concerned.

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are a concerned puppy Momma.