Saturday, September 03, 2011

I need a razor of one size or another...

I awoke rather ill today.  This is so hard to explain, but it is my head.  I think..that blasted nerve on the back of my head.

Imagine a cocktail of ever so slight nausea, dizziness, pain, and weakness.  Abject misery.  My hair hurts to move.  No braids. No bun. Just hanging there it hurts. Every time I move my head or even just my eyes, the malaise worsens.  If I am perfectly still, it eases, but does not disappear.   

At such times, I wish to just grab up a razor and shave my head.  Only lying down on a pillow bald would still make me ill.  Being bald might make it slightly more bearable, but it is not my hair making me ill, but something in my head.  Not even Dr Pepper helps.  In fact, I do not even care to consume Dr Pepper.

A guillotine, perhaps?

SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me! 

3 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

Nothing personal or anything, but I can't say I really like this one. Of course you wouldn't want or expect anyone to like it, would you?

Myrtle said...

You mean you do not think it another example of my brilliant pen, Dolph?

Misery in brief. What's not to like?

ftwayne96 said...

Oh, hush!No one likes that you're feeling that way is what I meant. If we want misery we'll read Dostoevsky!