Sunday, December 15, 2013

Not the way to meet...


I thought that having slept more than 15 hours, I could manage to clear the sidewalks.  They are supposed to be cleared once the snowfall has finished and the more folk walk on the snow, the harder it is to clear them.

I was wrong.

I fainted. Three times.  The last I awoke to strange man leaning over me.  Needless to say my response was not all that friendly.  Apparently he moved in with a friend across the street, one house over.  He told me that I should have my husband shovel the snow.

I wanted to tell him that I had no husband, no one to do that, but all I could do was weep.  I am so very, very, very exhausted.

Marie and I started planning our Thanksgiving before I was asked to babysit.  I tend to push and push and push, overdoing things, until I cannot do anything for days or weeks on end.  I suppose I should have said no to babysitting, having already made plans for something that would be hard (but oh, so very enjoyable) for me to do.  But how do you not help someone you want to help?

We already had the turkey, so I couldn't see putting off our Thanksgiving.  So, I tried to do both.  I am not a person who can do both anymore.  I'm the person who actually needs to rest up for a day of feasting.

Amos surprised me.  He came charging through the storm door to launch himself on my person at the sight of the man leaning over me.  Or so the man said. I cannot imagine he let Amos out.  My fluffy white baby was mostly giving me kisses, and occasionally barking at the man.  He did not snip or anything.  In fact, it was more like Amos came out for me to protect him.  I didn't know that he could push open the storm door.

We are back in the GREEN chair, napping mostly.  I am trying to ignore the laundry of having guests in the house (both my charge and Marie and Paul spending the night).  My own things need washing, too.  I believe a "victory" at this point would be to just let those linens and towels and such wait until I am no longer feeling like I ran back to back to back marathons.

I like snow.  No, really, I truly revel in it.  But I need my snow to come when I have no other needs for my energy.  Yes, we are looking at three more days of snow.  SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: