Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I am mortified! Absolutely and completely mortified.

After a senior management meeting today, I asked my boss how it went and she said okay. When I pressed her, she said that I had looked "adoringly" at the president of the organization!

ARGH. UGH. How could she even use that word in describing how I looked at him? UGH. UGH. ARGH! What a horrible adjective to use in a business meeting!

I am fairly sure that even when I've dated someone, I've never looked adoringly at him. I checked with my best friend and she's fairly sure too. Me? Look adoringly?????????

I keep wracking my brains trying to think about what possibly could have been going through my mind at the time. She said it was while he was talking. While he was talking? We were discussing creating a business plan. Composition talk made me look at him adoringly? ARGH! That word! UGH!

How am I supposed to go into the next meeting? Work one-on-one with him?

Adoringly!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...to be honest...there is someone at work whom I wouldn't mind batting my eyelashes at save for the fact that he is twelve years my junior. He's gorgeous and groomed and smiles so beautifully. Working one-on-one with him can be a distraction.

But the president? Ugh! What a thought that I could look adoringly at him!

Does anybody have a grocery sack I can wear over my head tomorrow?

BIG SIGH!!!

No comments: