Thursday, February 10, 2011

Is today the day...

In a little over nine hours, I might have the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ placed in my mouth after weeks and weeks of being ill and missing church and making things more difficult because I struggle with unbelief.  Try as I might, I cannot sleep for hoping God has mercy on me and gives me the forgiveness I do understand and crave more than words can say...especially now.

But if today is not the day, I truly hope that God's grace will carry me to the day that is the day.

Monday was a hard day.  Tuesday was worse than any other in the past year, save one, perhaps.  Wednesday I sat on the floor of the post office because there is no place to sit while you wait.  [Why is that?]  Wednesday I messed up, once again, in communicating all the wrong things and conveying precisely the opposite, in many ways, that which I intended.

But Wednesday my amazing realtor ferried me to the bank for a notary signature and then to the post office to send it off to Virginia so my old home might be sold, Lord willing, next Tuesday.  She did this out of mercy and, out of joy, purposely chose a post office that just happen to then make it so we passed by my beloved Taco Bell on the way home.  I nearly fainted at one point of our outing, but she just watched over me and then let me order more than a few of those wonderful bean burritos that just happen to have tons of sodium and surely have great curative properties.  I shall be well before you know it!

Certainly the fillip of good food was a portent of the Food I truly need and actually does heal that might come this day, eh?


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

No comments: