Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Perhaps it is ending...


The migraine is over, but I still have this lingering headache.  I am hoping that by tonight it will be gone, gone, gone.

I cannot say for sure how sleeping on the mattress was or will be, rather.  I forgot my breath right strip--which is very unusual for me--so I did not sleep overly much between that and the headache.  However, while sleeping on both sides, I did not have pain in my arms.  I suppose you could say that I am a bit hopeful.  I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep the mattress.

Amos LOVES it.

I have company coming on Sunday, so the house needs to be cleaned.  I am rather fatigued after the agony of a three days running migraine, however.  Today, I cleaned the main stair case (the steps get dirty even though I do not use them), took out all the recycling that had accumulated on the back steps, washed, dried, folded, and put away three loads of laundry, and dusted my bedroom ceiling fan.  I have been seriously contemplated polishing the silver (it really needs it), but that is a standing job for me and standing for long periods hurts so much and makes me even more tired.

So, right now, I am ignoring the silver and enjoying a fire, hoping against hope that I might have enough of a respite from pain in my head to actually sleep this evening.

Before Sunday, I would like to:

  • clean the bathrooms (including the basement sink and toilet)
  • clean the floors (sweep, vacuum, and steam mop)
  • dust...well...everything
  • give Amos a bath
  • polish the silver
  • scrub the kitchen sink
  • dump ashes down the chute in the fireplace


Doesn't that make you tired just reading those chores?  It sure does me writing them.  Too bad I cannot train Amos to clean.  About all he does pre-clean dishes for me.  He is particularly skilled at pre-cleaning the crusty stuff left over from chicken enchiladas.

DEEP SIGH.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Having the migraine gone is definitely a relief, though lingering headaches are no good.

No pain in arms is a good thing. Praying the new mattress becomes a new comfy mattress that eliminates headaches, too.

Myrtle said...

Thank you for your prayers, Becky.

However, the migraines are hormonal, especially this last one, so mattresses will not help them. Right now, the pain in my head is still overwhelming even though it has significantly abated. I shouldn't have ovulated, so I am waiting to hear back from the surgeon.

I am wondering how much I will actually be sleeping tonight....

ftwayne96 said...

You won't be sleeping any if you don't get off the computer!!!

Myrtle said...

:P