Monday, January 02, 2012

Something I wish I had more of...


Patience.

Day two of a constant migraine. Taking Tylenol, ibuprofen, aspirin, or naproxen has no effect.

Eating was better yesterday. Today I will not know about until tomorrow, especially since I dared eat pasta with my grilled chicken. I was wondering if angel hair pasta with lemon and garlic Alfredo sauce might have curative properties if consumed in small quantities.

[By the way, if you grill chicken when it is in the low 20s and snowing outside, you need to add to your cooking time.]

Yesterday, I had four smaller meals, but the same things I am used to eating. I have doubled my usual Gatorade intake, but am still failing at drinking more water. Ugh.

I started both days with a protein fest: bacon and fried eggs. Maybe that is key, eh? Starting each day with bacon?

The headache is wearing on my attitude. Truly, I would be wailing and stomping my feet at this point except that I am fairly certain doing so would make my head hurt worse. The only thing that has marginally helped has been ice packs. The blasted things keep melting though. One might begin to wonder if I am hot-headed!

Poor Amos. Having been pushed away from my torso so much in bed of late, he has taken to curling up around my head on the pillow. Of course, I don't want him touching my head either. He tells me he is confused. I reply that he is not the only one. It is rather sweet how much he's wanting to comfort me.

Patience.
And mercy.

I could use them both.


I am yours, Lord. Save me!

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Continuing prayers that you are feeling better soon. The God of all grace and mercy be with you in Christ Jesus.