Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Patience actually can be rewarded...


I am in a bit of shock at the moment.  I just got a call from the insurance company saying that the erythromycin solution status has changed from denied to approved, upon second appeal.  He told me that he had already informed my pharmacy and I was free to pick up the medication.  Of the 5 medications that were not approved, this one and Zofran are the ones I most wanted to take, because they both directly affect my quality of life and therefore my outlook on life ... try that I might—but always fail—at being the suffering saint.

Two weeks ago, was my last dose of Erythromycin.  I have been greatly missing it in the past few days, as daily innards writhing crept back into my existence.  I am very much looking forward to a visit to Target, though I am curious about the cost since it is a "special approval."  My plan is to pick it up and then skip a week and then get another two week bottle and so on, to save money.  I believe this might work because each time I have been off of it, I have had about 5 days of lingering benefits.

I am also in a bit of a smaller shock because I was able to get the screws sunk properly today!  Firewood Man remembered to bring his hammer drill and sunk them all and added a couple where he thought they were still needed.  I actually do not know what a hammer drill is or dose.  What I do know is that they are expensive and that they are what you need to sink screws and to drill holes in the concrete walls in the basement.

As you can see, I cleaned the window and applied the tape so that I have little (if any) scraping to do once the painting is finished.  This was my final step of today's tasks:

  • Study the two wood braces to see if they are necessary
  • Remove the top one and insert angled screws to ensure the joins are tight.
  • Remove all extra nails in the back of the door
  • Lightly sand the back of the door
  • Fill all holes on the back of the door
  • Fill sunken screw holes
  • Scrape and sand the ancient threshold
  • Putty bits of ancient threshold to minimize deep worn spots
  • Sand all putty places
  • Wipe down the entire door
  • Clean both sides of the window
  • Tape the window to ready it for paint

That means ...hopefully... by Sunday this door project will be completed.  That means ...hopefully... by Sunday I will have primed everything, painted two coats of the white to the frame and threshold and two coats of the GREEN to both sides of the door.

This will be the very first time that I have ever worked at a slow pace, taking breaks whilst working and breaks in between days that I worked.  So, basically, today it has been proven TWICE that patience actually can be rewarded.


Amos, all stressed with my getting up and going outside three different times today, is currently napping with his beloved Froggy Baby Long Legs, who is kin to Froggy Baby Mini and Froggy Baby.   [If you look closely, you will see that one paw is holding on the one of Froggy Baby Long Legs leg so he doesn't fall off whilst Amos is napping.  Amos often clutches his babies.]  I think I shall scoop them both up and have me an evening nap in the GREEN chair, cuddling with my baby and his baby.  Perhaps I will dream of GREEN doors and the wonder of patience.




I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

3 comments:

Caryl said...

Yea! Yea! & Yea!

Becky said...

A hammer drill hammers as it drills. So besides the turning, there is a force placed in the direction the screw is going.

Now, what good is a polarized filter?

Myrtle said...

Actually, I know less about a circular polarizing filter than I do a hammer drill. But I do know that it can make outdoor shots better because it can mitigate problems sunlight can cause, such as glare and reflection.

You should ask Caryl. As an artist with a camera, she actually knows what she is doing!