Monday, September 16, 2013

Still waiting...


The second wearable heart monitor died by Saturday morning.  I was ... rather frustrated. I want this data!

Since my doctor's office was closed, I called the 24/7 number of the manufacturer.  When I spoke to the rep who answered the phone, I learned that the rapidly flashing orange light was an unrecoverable error that had been cropping up in the second generation of the heart monitor.  He asked if I could go to Dupont Hospital to get a first generation model, but it is not in my Medicare policy network.  So, he said he would ask his manager on Monday if he could send me one directly.  I am still waiting to hear if this will be possible.

Did I mention that I really, really, really want this data?

Still craving limes for some inexplicable reason, I went searching for more recipes involving limes and chicken.  I found this rather tasty Baked Mustard Lime Chicken one.  Oh, my!  It is quite flavorful and spicy, but not too hot.  This was fortunate, for me, since I do not not like hot foods at all.  I admit that when I was dumping the copious-to-me amount of chili powder that was added after the Dijon mustard.  However, in for a penny, in for a pound, right?  Plus, I am more amenable to trying recipes that are easily halved.  This one was.  The best part was that the chicken was super moist, and as I cut and dipped each piece into the sauce, the sauce thickened.   Very, very tasty.

I also made more Southern Fried Corn to go with the chicken.  This time, I had better bacon.  Honestly, the extra meaty bits made a difference.  So, tomorrow I have the other piece of chicken and the other half of the Southern Fried Corn to eat ... I hope I can make it until then!

Oh, my, good news!  The heart monitor rep just called to say that he was able to get permission to send me out an older model.  He said it did not have the clarity of capture of the new one, so that I needed to be very careful in how I put it on.  However, I am so very thankful for some long-term monitoring even if the capture is not always best.  Sandra is willing to help me ensure I get the placement right.  So, data, data everywhere here I come!

I forgot to ask my friend to strip the bed, but I went ahead and took care of the laundry today ... in between two judicious naps.  I am still very exhausted.  Somehow, I need to learn how to have company and be my sluggard self at the same time ... translate that:  I need to learn how to not mask or pretend at all.  Mostly, I need to learn how to escape KUWJ syndrome.  Those lessons I have not yet learned.

Off to another nap ... and maybe some Gospel Harmony reading....


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: