Sunday, May 10, 2015

Be careful what you write...


I find it ... almost ... fitting that, just after blogging about the need for a case/cover on the small pillow I use on the steamer lounger,  I woke up yesterday with blue gel in my hair, dried on my face, neck, and back, and smeared over two pillow cases.  I suppose it was timely to note just how important it is to have a washable pillowcase when using ice packs.

Having recently done laundry, I thought I might have to break my cardinal rule of laundry: Never do less than a full load.  However, I decided to break two lesser rules: 1) always use bleach on my white socks and 2) always wash rags separately.  By combining a few days of underclothing that had accumulated, the rags, and the socks from my "whites" basket that I keep next to the dryer, I ended up with a full load.  After allowing the Spray and Wash to soak for a while, I washed both my pillow cases (and the rest of the laundry).  I honestly was surprised that the massive amount of the blue gel that leaked from the newly broken ice pack actually came out.  A spot or two is one thing, huge swaths of blue on a cream pillowcase is another.

I should have taken a photo.




I did take a photo of the ferns!  I was floored to see how they have already popped up so thick.  I believe this summer shall have my most lush fern bed thus far.  BLISS.

Right now, though, my fern bliss is a bit muted by waves of nausea.
Waves and waves and waves.
And more waves.

SIGH.

Maybe I should look at the ferns again.....



No comments: