Saturday, May 16, 2015

Resting...


My allium is blooming.



Don't the blossoms look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book??  

I did very, very, very little yesterday.  Late last night, whilst waiting on Amos, I did take the time to pluck out the grass from the thyme that was growing around the allium.  I think that, for the moment, there is not a single blade of grass growing in any of my beds.

As you can see, the thyme is blooming, too.  That was such a surprise the second year I had it, not knowing that it bloomed.  I really like how it has taken over the beds and that the bulbs just push their way through it.

In the rose bed by the back of the garage, there are three stray allium bulbs.  In the day lily bed, there are three stray tulips.  Today, I relocated them to the bulb bed.

That's it.  That is all I have done for two days now.  A bit of grass plucking and some bulb shifting.  All whilst waiting on Amos to gird his loins long enough to conduct his major business on the dreaded, horrify, practically evil GREEN grass.


I've napped.
I've read.
I've listened to music.
I've watched NASCAR.
I've moaned over my still sore body.
I've groaned over nausea.
I might possibly have eaten too much Honey Nut Chex.


I haven't vacuumed.
I haven't dusted.
I haven't polished the silver.
I haven't pruned my silver dogwood bush.
I haven't swept the leaves from the front porch.
I haven't cleaned the transom framing above the back door.
I haven't painted.
I haven't cleaned the bird poop from the porch ceiling now that the robins are gone.


This is me ... trying to rest.
Amos is enjoying copious amounts of puppy momma time.

No comments: