Sunday, May 24, 2015

Still moaning and groaning...


I wouldn't mind the world coming to an end before the next tasks on the back porch need doing.  However, I honestly (you can laugh) believe that the railing was the last of the worst parts of the job.  After all, sealing the back porch again, for example, takes about 60 minutes and I am seated the entire time.  Painting the railing of the steps, once it is actually finished, should take no more than a couple of hours.  But, oh my, am I still sore and rather exhausted.

I did muster up the strength to try a thought I had.  A thought about all that pasta I somehow ended up with in my Subscribe and Save orders.  I really, really, really liked the vinaigrette that I made with the Grilled Asparagus with Bacon and Mustard Vinaigrette.  I wondered if I could just eat it over pasta, especially since the recipe leaves you with leftover vinaigrette.

The answer is yes.

I made my Pasta with Mustard Vinaigrette (with crumbled bacon on top), ate it, and then had a second nap of the day.  I forgot to take a photo, but it is not like a vinaigrette pasta salad is all that photographic in the first place ... even with crumbled bacon on top.  For the freezer jars, I also put the bacon on top. Silly, maybe, but that was how I could measure out the bacon for each one.  You see, I showed GREAT restraint and used only six slices of bacon for eight servings!  For the record (and my Fitbit) the recipe ended up being 410 calories per serving.

I need to move the rosemary bushes outside now. I think I should have taken the risk with the cooler temperatures, because each bush now has a dead patch.  But each also has new growth.  My fingers are crossed.  I need to move them, but it is STINKING HOT outside.  So, I am planning another nap and then some moonlight gardening ... with my beloved headlamp.

No comments: