Saturday, May 02, 2015

Canine flesh...


I've been battling a migraine since late last night.  I am maxed out on meds and am very, very, very frustrated and weary.  However, I do stand corrected.  Whilst I do not see any joy in human flesh, I do in canine flesh.




I was weeping, when Amos crawled on my lap and wiped the tears from my face.  He then put one paw on my left shoulder and lay his head atop his other paw on my right shoulder.  Shortly, my little fluff-ball was snoring.  I guess all his nursing tuckered him out.

Despite the intense pain, I had to smile ... in awe, really ... at the canine flesh God gave to me.  And I snapped a photo to remind me of his (and His) care for those darkest of moments.

I just brewed a pot of the new Ginger tea that I found. In my opinion, it is not economical enough for me, but the tea is literally 100% ginger root.  Like I have since the first time I tried the tea, I brewed a pot and then re-used the tea bag to brew a kettle for cold tea/ginger water.  The directions say to use two tea bags if making iced tea, but this is really, really, really strong stuff, just as cutting off chunks of ginger root and boiling it would be.

I went looking for tea because ginger root goes bad after a while and I now loathe (and feel like a failure due to) any food waste.  The tea I chose is Triple Leaf Tea:  Ginger Root. I found it odd that there was tax on the shipping cost, as well as the tea itself.  The good part is that each bag in the box of 20 is individually wrapped, so that I do not have to worry about the tea going bad if it sits around for too long.  However, I am already thinking of buying another box ... at the rate that I have been drinking the ginger water.

This migraine has been so very bad that I have been up all night and went through every single ice pack.  At this point, I'm almost willing to go to some holy-roller church, lie down in front of the altar, and have the whole congregation come lay hands on me whilst shouting in nonsensical tongues.

Maybe that means I've finally really and truly cracked up?  Or maybe it means I have been missing the South??

SIGH.

No comments: