Wednesday, July 20, 2016

All Amos all the time...


I have been a bit distracted with great worry over my puppy dog, although I do believe he might be getting better.

The vomiting stopped Saturday, but then diarrhea started on Sunday and he stopped eating.  Amos stopped eating.  Pigs flew.  It snowed in July.

Amos' regular vet is out of town this week, but the clinic where we go told me to come in early Monday morning.  Amos still had a fever and was still dehydrated.  So, the vet gave him fluids and a shot for the nausea and then started him on antibiotics.  This morning was Amos' third of ten doses.

When Amos turned his nose up even at a small cheese ball (with a pill inside), I was darn worried.  He at least ate his pill this morning.  Yesterday and today, Amos ate just under half of what he normally eats.  Worry again!

Several folk have told me that when a person is ill like Amos has been, getting an appetite back can take a while, but it is difficult for me to hold onto that thought.  What is especially difficult for me was the moment, today, when my neighbor exclaimed, "Oh, Myrtle, Amos has lost weight!"

From Saturday to Monday, Amos lost 2.2 pounds.  I do not know how much he weighs at the moment.  Again, I am trying to take the long view on this ... trying not to worry.  I have gone about my days tackling small things.  I managed to make my barium swallow test this morning.  But, primarily, my thoughts are all Amos all the time.

No comments: