Friday, February 24, 2017

Catching up...


I've been trying to recover from all the appointments and going out over the past two weeks, so today was a lot of resting.  Not all resting ... but much resting.

I thought I would start that resting last night, but I got a call from the Walmart Vision Center, so I went to fetch my new glasses ... my new, new glasses since my new glasses did not work out.




I really am not much for selfies when it comes to me, but I do like that you can see that my hair cut works well after sleeping on wet hair and rolling out of bed without any sort of combing or brushing or anything like that.  The glasses are not as great a look as the first ones, but they fit well, having the much needed nose pads.




These are my new, new sunglasses.  I was going for an old, sort of classic look.  They are gold on the frames and leopard print on the sides.




The case is for my glasses.  It is pink.  I am not a pink person.




As you can see from my sweaty face, I took Amos for his walk today.  That was all I thought that I would be doing, but I decided to stop putting off tending to a free begonia that my neighbor shared with me (she got three).

The pot was another freebie.  Sadly, it had the bay leaf plant in it that I bought last fall (summer??).  It died.  I had been ignoring the dead plant in the solarium and the new plant sitting on the dining table, so it was time to swap pots and water.  I just adore the blooms on this begonia!




Firewood Man came by on Wednesday to trim the fence posts and install the caps.  Amos has been spending lots of time back there in my haven, mostly up on the bench!  Silly Fluffernutter!!

Firewood Man also put in the river rock on the back side.  I need to take a photo of it, but he put it there to hold the paving base in place. I think it looks smart and sort of finishes the back side of the fencing in the alley.  I just so love what a fantastic job that Tim's done for me ... one that is better even than I imagined.

I did get the Menard's rebates off in the mail.  I'll get ~$70 back to use on the pavers, when they go on sale.  I think that I want the tumbled pavers and I think I want the 4 Block Step pattern.  I am just not sure.  I sort of wish someone else would make the paving decisions for me.

The rest of the day, I did a lot of just sitting and trying not to focus on my eyes and my abdomen and the nausea and the headaches and the falling and the fainting and Georgie's shenanigans going on in my heart.

With my eyes, I often have to take a break from using them.  But, more importantly, I have to somehow learn to remember that when they are hurting it is because they are dry and I need to moisten them.  I am not all that good at remembering that yet, but the gel and the gel drops and the Balance drops are helping.  At least I have not gotten back to that place where I was so scared that the dryness was going to damage my eyes instead of merely making me miserable.

Amos has been just fine with my resting.  He'd rather I rest all the time if it means that I stay home with him.  He doesn't know that the Great Separation of 2017 is upcoming.  March 2nd, he's having his teeth cleaned (I've been saving for 14 months), which means anesthesia which means Amos will be in the clinic all day which means we were not be together all day.  SIGH.

Who do you think will take it the worst?????

No comments: