Saturday, February 18, 2017

Plans change...


Plans did not go as thought today, but I am not upset over that.  I know that Firewood Man does what he can when he can.  And, eventually, I'll have my garbage-bin-less haven.




Here is the first of five panels that Tim built at his house to save time here.  He will build the last two onsite because we are not sure of the total length on that side.  I think that the panel turned out spectacular and I am very, very, very much looking forward to seeing the new fencing installed.




Part of the reason for working this weekend is that we are having rather unseasonable weather.  So, not being needed as a cheerleader in the back yard, I instead spent time with Amos up on the airing porch.  We actually both napped for a while.  I did learn that his puppy theanine was not sufficient to keep him protesting the existence of all life since he had such a strategic view.  I wish I knew how to better work with his upsettedness.  However, even with his periodic barking, it was a truly peaceful time for the two of his.  Plus, I spent much of my awake time chuckling at how the stiff breeze made Amos look like the Flying Nun!

I sure do love my Fluffernutter.




This is my eye arsenal at the moment.  The two on the right are the gel products, with the straight gel in the tube.  I find it interesting that the gel drops seem to coat more ... or at least they block my vision for quite a while.  However, the gel turns into teeny tiny globules that float across the surface of my eye.  Or at least that is what it seems like is happening, for I see these tiny bubbles moving across the surface of my eyes when I concentrate on them.  Both of them help with the pain of the dry eyes.  I have noticed that if I am vigilant, then it is better.  But I am having trouble getting used to the rhythm of regularly dosing my eyeballs.

I am doing the gel morning and night, the gel drops mid-day, the plain drops on either side of that, and the Balance drops sandwiching those.  Basically, I'm trying to vary what I'm using.  In part, because of cost.  In part, because I wonder if, like many things in medicine, starting from the least intervention needed and working upward.  Plus, the ophthalmologist did say that this will be a bit of a trial and error process as I learn what works best for me.  I just wish I didn't have to learn so quickly.

When my budget cycles, I would like to get a second bottle of the Systane  Balance to have in my purse for when I am out.  In some ways, I could see this being like my Zofran (for nausea).  I have a stash by my bed, by the sofas, in the kitchen, in the master bathroom, in the half bath, and in my purse.  Only it is different with pills.  I can divide the bottle up rather easily.  I cannot divide a bottle of drops.

I did decide to put the Plain Jane drops by the toilet in the half bath, so that when I'm in there tending to my needs during the day, if I haven't dosed myself recently, I could do so then.  Maybe one next to the toilet upstairs, too.  Keep the Systane Balance, the gel, and the gel drops in my basket that I take up and down stairs since it has lots of my medical stuff in it.  I don't really care for the Refresh sample I got from the ophthalmologist, but there is a Systane equivalent (Ultra) that I can try.  I am also doing the hot compresses at night when I fetch fresh ice packs because they make my eyes feel so much better in the short run.

If only I could live with a hot compress across my eyes and ice packs on the pesky nerves in my head 24/7.  SIGH.




Hopefully, this is the last day my back corner will look like this.  Frankly, I think it will take more than a day, but Tim is determined.  In any case, eventually, sitting on that bench, I will no longer see garbage/recycling bins.  BLISS.


No comments: