Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Ravaging...


With all the silence, you would think that I would be grateful for all the going-out I have to do over this medical month, but I am not.  Getting up, getting dressed, and driving myself to an appointment makes me all ready for another nap!  Only I am stuck with needing to get through my appointment and then drive myself back home.  So ... extra exhaustion.

Today, I went to the dentist to get the tray molds done that will be the last-ditch, crossing-all-my-fingers-and-toes measure to try and keep from having to doing fillings on the SIX teeth that Sjögren's has targeted next.

Two of my doctors are not all that thrilled that I will be doing intensive fluoride treatments daily, but both are in agreement that it is a good decision to try and ... what ... reverse??? ... the damage starting on those teeth.  Five and a half months of putting fluoride gel in the trays and sticking them on my teeth for a half hour each evening and then my annual exam to see if I could, for once, have good news at the dentist.

Funny that.  I'm the good teeth person in my family.  The one who's had nary a dental worry her entire life until this BLASTED DISEASE started ravaging my teeth.  My family are still shocked at the news of all these fillings.  IF the fluoride doesn't work, that will be 10 fillings in a year.  TEN FILLINGS IN A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

SIGH.

Tomorrow, I have my appointment with the rheumatologist, where I hope to address a whole long list of questions from my head and that of my GP.  Life has changed greatly for me since I saw her last.

No comments: