Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I feel like I ran a marathon...uphill...backwards!

The press release is drafted. Woohoo! Now I have to go about seeing how many people I didn't please trying to balance egos and agendas with our theme that the residents should get the credit for this revitalized community.

I braided my hair in three long braids. Then I wrapped one in a circle in the back of my head. I wrapped the second around the first. And finally I wrapped the third around the other two. I had this vision today of how cool my hair looked.

Well, I just looked in the mirror...and I've been sporting the hairdo of a ninety-year-old.

BIG SIGH.

What I have learned about red beans and rice:

  1. It generally is not a good idea to use a mix for making red beans and rice.
  2. If the finished product is more white than red, you know you have a problem.
  3. Ideally, the rice and beans should be cooked separately at first.
  4. Adding spices and/or butter will not help "faux" red beans and rice taste authentic.
  5. Barley does not taste right in red beans and rice.
  6. Only make a large quantity of red beans and rice when you are confident of the results, because mediocre meals are not meant to be repeated for six days straight.


No comments: