Monday, September 13, 2004

Seriously, sitting in the green chair, working on the computer while watching football is simply great. I am really enjoying both the freedom of being wireless and the increased productivity. Tonight I worked on an upcoming event at work, getting a jump on my day tomorrow while watching football.

Last night, also while watching football, I wrote my latest communications status report. I was able to log onto my work server, pull up the template I created for them, write it, and then send it to my boss for a meeting today.

I tried playing Spider, but I have yet to figure out how to use the "click" part of the touch screen with that game.

On another note, I know...I truly know...that if you try to please everyone, you generally end up pleasing no one. Yet I tried with this event at work and failed miserably. How do people in politics live through a day on the job, much less their careers? I apparently am not that great at juggling egos, agendas, and desires of four separate interested parties. I had the opportunity to both "rise-to-the-occasion" and "take the higher road," and I only managed to feebly rise and take the slightly higher route.

I have another event in just five weeks...another opportunity to balance egos and present solutions not problems.

Sometimes...it truly is easier said than done!

No comments: