Monday, April 18, 2005

I slept from 9:00 last night until 11:00 this morning, only waking up once to hobble to the bathroom and call my boss to say I was staying home.

This morning, I was even more stiff than yesterday. It really worried me.

My best friend and I played a game of Scrabble (I lost.), and then I went outside and planted the pansies my father and I bought while at Wal-Mart. I really enjoy having the pots on my deck filled with flowers. It only took about an hour and I realized that I was moving better. So I set out the sprinkler and came back inside to rest some more.

I watched one of my favorite movies, The Shipping News, and played two more Scrabble games (I won). I like the movie for several reasons, but mostly because it is about a man who finds himself despite some pretty difficult circumstances. I also like to make up headlines about my life the way he does. And, of course, his new job is as a writer. It is a tough movie, though…

I also took Kashi for a walk, though I felt a little funny hobbling down the road. I sort of look like I spent too long in the saddle or something.

Unfortunately, my seasonal allergies have kicked in from being outside. So here I sit, sniffling, moaning, and typing. A stellar evening, eh?

I need to work on being thankful.

I am thankful for my friend, for Scrabble, for Kashi, and for sick leave. And I am thankful for an evening of working on my novel.

How’s that?

No comments: