Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I edited a letter of intent (LOI) for one of my virtual volunteering organizations. It is full of professors, yet the writing is so confusing that I have to plow through it as a reader before I can even begin to edit it. I feel like I ran a marathon while working on this four page document. I hate to run.

As with the other work, I enjoyed the challenge and reveled in actually being able to accomplish something, yet I am wondering how to point out that I have already done a year's worth of volunteering according to the original job description on www.volunteermatch.org. I liked the idea of helping several organizations rather than just one. Yet, here, the executive director is a full-time volunteer position, and I suspect they would prefer me to be full-time as well.

I also specifically have not responded to any grantwriting volunteer requests because I wanted to just edit rather than have to generate text from scratch with an organization that was virtually a stranger to me. And yet, here, I am working on grantseeking materials.

BIG SIGH...

Am I just a wimp?

BIGGER SIGH...

How can I be assertive yet kind to someone whom I have never met?

No comments: