Saturday, September 16, 2006

While camped out on the couch today watching wretched TV, I actually remembered a game from when I was young that I have not thought of in years. After a few failed Google searches, I found it: Kings in the Corner Solitaire.

After studying the rules, I spent the evening watching stupid TV movies and trying to remember the strategy behind the game. After losing 26 games and growing quite frustrated with my brain cells, I finally won a game. Soon, I was winning at least half the time with a few multi-win runs.

I would like to think that the confusing instructions were the reason it took me so long to win, but perhaps I should not blame my poor acumen on the author. After all, at least I had the instructions and the tips on strategy. I just didn't get that section.

I also remembered, I am ashamed to admit, that I had forgotten the most wonderful gift my dear friend B gave me as a welcome-to-our-abode gift the last time I visited: clear plastic playing cards. I got them out of my games basket (at least I remembered to put them in the proper place when I came home last March) and used them in my journey down memory lane. Surprisingly, they are quite easy to shuffle.

Time to get back to exercising my brain cells...

No comments: