Sunday, September 17, 2006

Today was a day of unexpected gifts and a bit of sadness.

After a tasty meal at Ruby Tuesday's, we headed over to Wal-Mart to do the $5.50 DVD bin search. However, much to our dismay, we discovered that the Wal-Mart near me is remodeling and part of the remodel was the removal of that bin. Alas, be still my beating heart. My poor father was absolutely bereft and wandered about a bit in disbelief. What are we going to do with our visits now?

He did, much to my surprise, begin our lunch with the announcement that he wanted to spend "much money" on me today. He caught me so off guard, that I did not quite get what he was saying. I supposed my dumbfounded state was revealed in my visage, for he went on to explain that he wanted to ensure my larder was full and whatnot. He ended up refilling my bathroom cabinet of many necessities and added two gallons of milk and two boxes of protein bars.

We made our way home and managed to get in a viewing of Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve before he had to go. But he did have one more gift: he paid my car insurance (a ridiculous amount because of that blasted accident) bill for the month.

Thanks to the generosity of my father and step-mother, I believe that I will be able to finish out the month without adding more debt to my credit card. That makes this a good day that will be reflected in next month's bill.

The day is ending well because I am watching the Dallas-Cowboy game with my dear friend W thanks to the technology of SprintPCS. Dallas has kept the lead since the opening drive and is mere minutes away from squashing the Redskins again for like the 14th time in the last 17 games or something like that. My 'Boys have a bit of a problem with penalties that they need to address by the NEXT game, but I am quite proud of them. At 1-1, they will be tied with the Eagles and the Giants in their division...Woo Hoo! Washington will be 0-2...boo hoo!

A good day all around.

SMILE

No comments: