Friday, June 22, 2007

I had an interview today that was quite confusing. I had applied for a communications position in January and got a call yesterday for an interview. Once there, one of the two staff conducting the interview started describing a position that was not communications work. It turns out they never were forwarded my resume for the communications position, but someone had done so for this one. It is basically development work (raising human resources and capital) for their foster care program. I am most interested in family services work and what they do. I find it intriguing that they have a housing component as well. However, the job itself is not something I have ever done. I mean, where would I go to raise more foster parents? Once the shock of the mix-up wore off, they were still interested in me, so much that I have a second interview next Tuesday. I just don't know what to think. We didn't talk salary and that really is the bottom line for me. The commute stinks, but it has free parking. Using the metro is hard on me. Monday's interview is a place just down the road to me...no commute. However, it would be writing about water research and reclamation, very technical and difficult work.

I have much to think about...

Just now, I am nebulizing, taking a risk by inhaling more Albuterol. I am doing so because I am going to a Sugarland concert that is just over 100 miles away. My asthma is still bad, but I have wanted to see them in concert for two years. I have been looking forward to this concert for two months, focusing on making it through my health battles and financial worries to get to a moment of joy in music. I don't know if this is the most insane decision I have made; I am going to get in the car and see if I can get there.

I want this...I need this.

No comments: