Thursday, June 28, 2007

I need to move to Denmark. Immediately.

In Denmark there is a movement that fits me to a T: the B-Society. I have discovered that there are actually masses of people like me, an entire subset of our society who work best later, who eschew the morning.

I am not a morning person. Frankly, I am not really awake until some time after 10:00, even if I happen to be at work. Oh, I can be productive before then, but I am not really awake. I don't want to talk in the morning; I would rather pretend that I am not awake.

The later in the day, the more I come alive. I work better. I work smarter. I am more creative. I am awake.

The majority of my writing has taken place after 10:00 in the evening. Nearing midnight just gets the juices flowing.

No matter when I go to sleep, I do not actually fall deeply asleep until some time around 4:00 in the morning. My deepest sleep, the time that passes without notice, begins around 5:00 and I awake most refreshed when I can sleep until at least noon.

I need to move to Denmark. There I could find work with an employer who understand this part of my nature, who accepts it, who allows me to fit my job to my life rather than vice versa.

I am a B person. Gee...it is great to finally realize who you are!

2 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

I think I'm a C person. The problem is, I have an A schedule, except when it nudges over into B and sometimes C.

Myrtle said...

Don't pastors have to be the whole alphabet? I mean, you spend your lives tending silly, willful, wandering, cantankerous, querulousness, stubborn, needy, bellicose sheep. However could you live life your own schedule?