Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I had the strangest second interview. Strange in that we were talking and laughing and kicking around ideas about the task before whoever took the job. It is the third second interview I have had in four days. All of them were good in that I was calm and peaceful, completely free from worry about what I said or what they thought of me. Still, I wonder, if interviews seem to go well, why does it not follow that I am offered a job? Hmm....

If the two strongest interviews were both offered to me, I would have an extremely difficult choice: One job is a long commute, with a lower salary and a weak title, but at a place where I would be thrilled to work--a children and family services organization. The other place is just 10 minutes down the road, with a great title and good pay, but is writing about tough, technical water research. One I would relish and the other would help me get through paying off the crazy amount of debt I have wracked up over the past year. While I want...NEED...a job, I truly do not wish to choose.

Now...all I can do is wait...

No comments: