Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I spent the night last night in the ER with an asthma attack. For two weeks now, I have been feeling tight, feeling as if I was heading in this direction. I tried to tell both my doctor and the pulmonologist, but I guess I didn't really convince them that something was happening. Perhaps if I had just started using my nebulizer I might have avoided this, but I am not convinced that would be the case.

The frustrating part is that I left the ER quite week and still coughing. I just don't think they got the attack stopped even with the three rounds of medicines that are quite an assault on my body on top of the stress and strain of the attack. I tried to tell the ER doctor that I still didn't feel right, but he said I was good to go if I continued to use my nebulizer. He said that I had pneumonia on my right lung and needed to let the antibiotics work. Of course, he saw me after the third round of meds before they were wearing off again. What could I do but leave?

With three strong narcotics on board, I should be sleeping just now, especially having been up all night, but I am not. My heart rate is ranging between 140 and 160 from the Albuterol and I cannot do any but huddle on the couch trembling like a leaf.

Asthma stinks!

No comments: