Saturday, June 14, 2008

After hanging out at Toyota for five and a half hours and ending up with a $442 car inspection bill, I brought my father home for another movie fest.

We watched The Da Vinci Code (interesting plot, stupid premise), Murder at 1600 (satisfying action flick), National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (just as good as the first one), and Jumper (enjoyable sci-fi). We also watched the third round of the US Open, while fast-forwarding through the commercials and extras.

I really, really, really enjoyed sharing my Tiger-watching with another person. Dad did not even laugh when I got out my clubs and had a putting contest with him on my rug. He's not a bad indoor putter.

I do wonder if I will ever play again...if I could make it through a round of whacking the ball all over the course. I think about how hard it is to mow and grow discouraged at the thought, but perhaps in the fall, when it is no longer stinking hot, I might finagle a golf date with someone who could help me make it through a round. I miss playing.

No comments: