Saturday, June 28, 2008

Last night, I worked on a grant with my boss until 11:58 when I submitted it just under the deadline. The final product was good, but I really, truly do not enjoy working at the last minute on something so important. I essentially worked for 13 hours yesterday.

Today, I have been channel surfing looking for a NASCAR race or something to flop on the couch and watch. I am still tired from that marathon writing/editing session.

I did have lunch with a woman from a past job. I am trying hard, truly trying, to get out and do something once in a while, no matter how hard it is. I called her, because if you say something the least bit stupid (translation: self-deprecating), she jumps all over you. While you might end up somewhat bruised, it is strangely refreshing.

We ate at Chili's, where I discovered a new and extremely tasty dish! Now, normally, I only order fajitas at Mexican food restaurants, but my eyes kept coming back to this menu insert for Build-Your-Own-Fajitas. I ended up choosing chicken, applewood smoked bacon, and honey chipotle sauce. Oh, my! Well, let me say that in the moment of that first bite my life was changed. I am still thinking about the next time I might repeat that savory taste...

Well...there are leftovers in the refrigerator...need I really wait until tomorrow?

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

You and your applewood smoked bacon!