Sunday, June 15, 2008

I believe that from now on I shall be known as Bandana Girl.

I am not sure what prompted me to put one on my head, but I have discovered that bandanas do a fine job of holding my hair back with absolutely no possibility of triggering that nerve on the back of my head that makes me so very ill.

This morning, while digging through my unmentionables drawer, I spotted a pile of three bandanas in the very back. I picked up a white one and tied it around my head as a quick way to cover up the fact that Dad and I stayed up entirely too late and I did not use that shampoo as I should have. When Dad saw me, he actually remarked that I looked good in it. What a shock!

Thinking about his reaction while we were doing our Wal-Mart Thing, I decided to add two more bandanas to the cart: a red one and a black one to match my Sugarland t-shirts (I probably would have added a navy one, a light blue one, and a kelly green one if they had them to match my Dallas Cowboys t-shirt and my other 2 Sugarland ones--yes, I now have 4 Sugarland t-shirts...strange for someone who only recently started wearing them for anything other than mowing the yard). Dad was so enthused about my solution (even though he does not remember why I can get so ill wearing barrettes or clips) that he put them on his side of the divider bar at the check-out stand. I accepted his "gift" with thankfulness. I now have white, green, red, orange, and black bandanas.

I don't care if I actually look stupid in them, if they are out of fashion, or if I am just too old to sport the look. I finally, finally have a comfortable solution that does not involve me shaving my head!

If only I could wear them to work...

~~~~
NOTE: Before taking Dad home, we watched 2 hours of a documentary on the Hubble Telescope. Our universe is so vast and so magnificent. What a might Creator we have!

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Ah, the genesis of the bandana look. . .