Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I had another wretched night last night.

The power went out yesterday (just as Tiger was hitting his second shot on the sudden-death playoff hole...stopping my VCR). It did not come back on until late this afternoon.

I spent the night huddled in the basement with Kashi and Fancy trying to keep cool and desperately willing the power to come back on so that I could a.) stop sweating and b.) turn on the sleepmate so that I could fall asleep (Kashi, Fancy, this house, and the wind combine to make far too many noises for me to sleep).

Before the house warmed up, I did sleep from 6 to 9 since there was little else to do. I am grateful for that respite. I am also thankful that the power did come on before my food could spoil. However, I went through all this rigmarole to have my account noted as a medical emergency one so that I would be a priority when power goes out in warm weather only to discover this morning that my account was not flagged, even though three previous representatives claimed that it was. It turns out that all those hoops I jumped through before were for naught. I need my doctor to fill out a form for me. SIGH.

I am tired of sweating and trembling and being weary with fatigue...

No comments: