Thursday, January 01, 2009

B, G and I are AWESOME turkey chefs! Ours was so incredibly moist that it mattered not neither B nor I managed to make edible gravy.

B, bless her kind soul, took on the task of clearing out the innards. Now, she did dangling the neck before both G and I, arching it back and forth, before discarding it. But can you really blame her surrounded by such squeamish loved ones?

G made this mysterious and fragrant herb mixture that we tucked beneath the skin, along with fresh rosemary and sliced oranges. Inside, we stuffed the bird with copious amounts of celery and chunks of oranges. Whist I had never heard of doing so, B then added water to the pan. All that work and it was ready to go into the oven.

Well, after we took it twice more because the heavy duty aluminum pan leaked, it was ready for the oven.

That turkey came out oh so tasty.

As did the stuffing. Much to my abject horror, G started with a whole pan of onions and celery. I mean a whole pan piled higher than the brim. I was certain that he was ruining my stuffing! I will admit, with much chagrin, that I managed not to hid my dismay. G, however, was phased in the face of my discouragement. He persevered and ended up with another perfectly sumptious turkey companion dish.

Who needed the gravy!

No comments: