Monday, January 19, 2009

In case you were wondering, a barium swallow, upper GI series is a most wretched test. I downed cup after cup of barium.

"Swallow. Swallow. Swallow. Don't breathe. Breathe. Now Swallow...."

About fifteen minutes before the end, I started gagging, which I had to somehow fit in between the swallowing and the not breathing. It was shear stubbornness to prove to the pulmonologist that I could not possibly have GERD bad enough to trigger my asthma and not know it that kept me swallowing.

Food it the furthest thing from my mind right now. Perhaps some time next week...

~~~~
NOTE: I had not counted on Celebrex staying in my system as long as it did. I am blessed to admit that while I have been rather uncomfortable since last Thursday, it was only today that the full effect of the loss of my medicine has hit me. I believe I can make it to Wednesday. The jury is still out on the whole attitude part....

No comments: