Friday, February 13, 2009

B played Scrabble with me today. We each won a game. I suppose that should be just perfect for me, but really I do like to win!

A long while ago, I gave B a nickname: Bettina. Sometime after that, I felt compelled to give her a middle nickname: Matilda. So, many times I call her Bettina Matilda.

When she and her family were here over New Year's Eve, B announced that I needed a first nickname in response to my own announcement that I felt she needed a third one. After some futile casting about, I suggested: George. However, G felt very strongly that his wife's best friend should not be named "George." B then tried out Georgette, but it frankly was not quite the same.

Well, ever the brilliant one, Bettina Matilda arrived at not one but two nicknames for me and announced them by way of a lovely card that arrived as a beautiful surprise in the mail today. We did mutually decide to alter the order, but that one concession does not diminish her outstanding acumen. What is my new name? Myrtle Bernice!

Such a pair we are!

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

So you've been Myrtle Bernice for only three years? I thought it was longer than that.