Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hours and hours of installing programs and restarting and uninstalling and restarting and moving files and deleting files. While my software documentation system has greatly aided the process, I will be quite glad to have this transfer of data completed.

What am I doing, you ask? Putting my life on my new GREEN laptop. More retail therapy. Slightly ashamed, although I have 6 months to pay for it, so it will be paid out of cash. I am still debt free (save for the mortgage). I just haven't saved anything in the past two months. Instead, I have been working out my angst by upgrading a few things around the house...the television, the computer, the camera...

My dearest B will be the beneficiary of my current laptop. Perhaps after taking off all the design software I have on it, the sluggish processing will cease for her. Selfishly, the alacrity with which I decided to upgrade the laptop was rooted in the fact that now that B will have a laptop that actually works she will be able to play Scrabble with me from her couch and from the cabin! To be fair to me, I will say that I have been pricing them for the past year or so with an eye to upgrade and the President's Day sale at Dell brought the price down considerably from where I had previously been looking. The DVD burner could have been a faster model, but everything else is a giant leap forward. The 4 gigs of memory ought to make Adobe Creative Suite 3 happy!

Still, it is quite a bit of work to extract my life from one laptop and settle it within another.

A GREEN car. A GREEN front door. A GREEN phone. A GREEN laptop. All I need is a GREEN camera and I shall have color peace in all phases of my daily life!

4 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

Green teeth?

Myrtle said...

Why not? Then I wouldn't need to worry about whitening....

ftwayne96 said...

Green dog?

Myrtle said...

Hmm...perhaps!