Monday, February 16, 2009

I have been adding CFL bulbs to my household, targeting the ceiling lights. Because any light hurts my eyes, I tend to only have natural light in my home unless absolutely necessary. Whenever K comes over to write and cook, she flicks the kitchen light on and I turn it off. It is a lovely dance between us. At work, my boss comes into my office and protests that I am working in a cave. I shrug, thankful that the sharp pains I feel have been avoided.

So, I have not seen much need for switching out the bulbs. However, while I do not use them very much, making the change would save energy. The Home Depot had an impressive sale on CFL bulbs, so I decided to move forward with the great switch out.

I put the new bulbs over the dining table, at the top of my stairs, and in all of the ceiling lights in the basement. Also, I have now converted the utility closet and my own bedroom closet. Unfortunately, I did not purchase the right bulbs for the dining table, because that is a dimmer switch. I have to track down dimmable CFL bulbs.

I would also like to purchase candelabra ones for the four ceiling fans and the front porch light. However, all I could find was 15-watt ones that would not be enough light.

Still, another small step forward for the planet in my home. The bible teaches stewardship is important. I proffer that extends to the stewardship of His creation.

No comments: