Thursday, March 12, 2009

Last night was late, tonight later. I did not arrive home from work until just after 10:00 PM. Many tasks were accomplished and perhaps I conveyed my commitment to the job deeply enough to my boss for However, I have 39 hours in already and need to submit an on-line grant this evening before chasing my dreams.

Someone was ill in the elevator and the lobby. Oh, my, does that make moving about the building so very difficult. Now, I am sorry that person was feeling poorly, but the sour smell will surely cling to those carpets for ages.

SIGH.

~~~~
I did break my first miracle nail today. Having a stubby one next to nine long, beautiful nails is altogether different from having a stubby one next to nine other stubby ones. I almost yanked out the the clippers and chopped the rest of them off. After all, putting in my contacts, typing, and dialing a phone have all brought a learning curve I never expected to have. However, contrary to when I was chopping my hair off every few days, I stayed the impulse and just filed the others down so that the difference was not quite so noticeable.

[I know...that was silly girly talk. Sorry.]

~~~~
Kashi has another acupuncture treatment tomorrow. A few weeks ago, the violent nerve response to being touched on his back has returned. The first treatments essentially lasted 3 months. While he is not so bad as he was, I thought I would try to be a bit more proactive about the matter. His quality of life has become so very much better now that he is on his new Chinese herb. From day three of adding that drug to his regimen, he has only fallen once, rather than the multiple-times-a-day rate he was at because of a growing hind quarter weakness.

I have gone from near despair over believing it was time to make that t00-painful-decision to say good-bye to daring to hope the surgery was the right decision to hold on to my beloved puppydog, my sweet Petunia, my beautiful Buttercup a while longer.

~~~~
Having my bible on the corner of my desk has already been a help because I do not even have to open it to gain that perspective I've been needing at work. One glance is enough. Such is the power of the Word of God!

No comments: