Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wednesdays are tough days for they are the tipping point to the weekend, but not quite on the downhill toward days of sleeping late and reading books and NOT working. The days are long and usually consist of either wishing bible study lasted longer or being disappointed that I was not able to slip out to the study. That time away in the Word is an anchor that steadies me and helps me endure the turbulent waters at work.

During the Lenten season, the bible studies are on hiatus for special church activities, so today had no respite to bolster me. I believe I should just take one of my bibles to the office and leave it on my desk. Perhaps if I dip into the Word now and then, I would be better able to keep my eyes on that which truly matters rather than that which oft weighs my heart down.

I certainly have the opportunity to learn patience, to walk the path of being still before God. Now, to be honest, I must admit my walking is more like "stumbling" and "staggering" down that path. Yet, I do desire obedience to the life Christ has called us to, rather than the life I think would be best for me. How dare I find fault with the Creator!

I forget that all too often.

Just as I have put in place aids to help me deal with the cognitive dysfunction I battle, I believe I ought to put in place aids to help me walk in a manner pleasing to God. The bible should be a good start.

No comments: