Sunday, August 08, 2010

Update:

I am most humbled right now.

Pizzaman called to see how I was doing after the cardiac study.  When I told him of the diagnosis, he immediately Googled dysautonomia and concurred with me regarding the whole depressing nature of the condition.  But he also pointed out how it fits so very many of my symptoms (hinting very strongly about the anxiety part) and that maybe the course of treatment the cardiologist is recommending I try might make for a better life for me.

Then, when he heard I have not eaten since Wednesday, he said he would bring me a Mediterranean salad from his restaurant.  He is even adding extra feta cheese because it has more sodium so that I can feel better sooner.

He let himself in when he arrived and fetched me a fork for the salad.  When he realized his guys had forgot to include dressing, he brought several options from the refrigerator and helped me pick the one with the most sodium.

When he left, he locked the door for me so that I could be safe.  It has been unlocked since Friday night.

Such mercy God has shown me in this man, in his family.

And, if that wasn't enough for me to know the care of my Good Shepherd, my beloved Bettina is beating me up and down at Scrabble, visiting with me via Sprint and the Internet.


Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!

No comments: