Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My day...


My dear friend Mary sent me an early birthday present package, which included a copy of the Coverdale translation of the Psalter.  BLISS.

I decided that I would post one a day on my Facebook page, like I did when I first created my Psalter blog for reading, praying, and searching out themes amongst the psalms.  I wish I were a website designer and then I would have a second version of all the individual entries of the Coverdale translation.

Although I am behind a couple of days, I thought I would start posting the Coverdale translation here, too.  For, after all, one can never have enough Psalms, can one, eh?

BLESSED is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners : and hath not sat in the seat of the scornful.
    But his delight is in the law of the Lord : and in his law will he exercise himself day and night.
    And he shall be like a tree planted by the water-side : that will bring forth his fruit in due season.
    His leaf also shall not wither : and look, whatsoever he doeth, it shall prosper.
    As for the ungodly, it is not so with them : but they are like the chaff, which the wind scattereth away from the face of the earth.
    Therefore the ungodly shall not be able to stand in the judgement : neither the sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
    But the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous : and the way of the ungodly shall perish.

~Psalm 1 (Coverdale)

Savor the words in the Word.  Their richness.  You cannot just race through them.  They cry out to take your time.  Let them fill your mouth and your ears and your heart.  BLISS.

Today was a long day and is still going on for me, here at 12:53 AM.  Actually, it has only been a long afternoon and evening, so not much for most folk, but for me.  Mostly, it has been a long 4 hours.  There, I get to the truth of the matter.

This afternoon, with Becky in my ear, I visited two tattoo parlors.  I wanted to just go to the one near me that has a good reputation, but then I pushed myself to get to the second one. I am glad.  You see, Becky's present to me is to get matching tattoos.  Pretty much my entire family will freak out, for I am going with the back of our wrist trailing down to the side of the hand.  It is floral, with an authentic, botanical feel. I really want it in brown, but pretty much everyone says not.  At the second shop, there is a guy who does black and white exclusively and has an extensive floral portfolio.  I saw one of his pieces that is just beautiful.  So, he's our Tattoo Dude.  Hopefully.  I meet with him tomorrow morning to see if we can get on his schedule for Tuesday morning.

Then I came home and had dinner out in my haven and just rested and relaxed until 9:00.  That was rather late to start, but I was bound and determined to meet my goal of shampooing the carpet in the hallway and landing area upstairs.  Goal met!




I also managed to get the rug in the solarium cleaned!  I've been wanting to do this for a long while. I thought I was going to have to drag it down to the basement, bring down the carpet shampooer, clean it, and lug them both back upstairs.  However, I decided to see if the back would get wet or if I could just leave it upstairs.

It would have been much better had I done this during the day, because then I could have draped the rug over the airing porch balcony.  However, I did not want to do that at night.  I did leave the fan on in the solarium when I was done to help speed the drying.  If need be—and if I remember—I can drape it on the morrow whilst I am out running errands and attending appointments.

Afterwards, I enjoyed a half a Frosty, my reward.  Half because I am trying to be reasonable.  Mostly, I will eat a whole one.  I'll leave the size of that whole one to your imagination.

Then, after more resting (and Frosty-longing as I thought about the other half being in the freezer), I started working on a batch of my Black-eyed Pea Medley.  It is cooking now and I plan to fall into bed afterwards.  What I am to do next is to make a list for shopping on the morrow.  I got a draft of the meal plan done last night.  It is good, expect for the fact that I got Becky's departure time wrong and have two more meals to plan!  Oops!!




This is Baby Bunny.




This is the lettuce he's been eating.  I couldn't figure out why it wasn't growing.  It is!  It just has bites taken out of each and every leaf.  SIGH.




I did find a new bloom on my Amos Walk today.




And I spent quite a while fawning over my beloved Fluffernutter, who, now that he is in his teens, has finally embraced his doggy bed!  So adorable.  He was exhausted from all his fretting over the carpet shampooing and fell asleep whilst I was prepping and putting together the black-eyed peas.

Now, on with my visit prep!

No comments: