Saturday, May 06, 2017

Sunshine...


Sunshine!!

Today, for the first time in eight days, we had sunshine!




In this photo of the wind chimes above the table in my have, you can see the blue, blue, blue sky!




Here is the updated view from my have, with the trees filled out.




This is the meal that I had out there today.




And here is the tray that I used to carry my meal out to my have!  My realtor left it for me as a surprise when she dropped off a few items that I asked her to fetch me from COSTCO, since I am not renewing my membership until the end of May.

I left her some of the lemon cookies you see on my tray and some of the rosemary butter as a thank you for shopping for me.  COSTCO has a two-pack of goat milk cheese that is just about a dollar more than a single log of it is in the regular grocery store.  A great bargain, especially for someone who eats quite a bit of the stuff.




Here is the updated view from my back steps.  The first round of grass seed that Firewood Man put down in the bare spots from the sidewalk excavation are growing up nicely.  There is still a lot of bare ground, but little fuzzies are spread out enough to make it look a bit GREENER than it appears.  Last week, Tim put down some more grass seed, but then we had all that torrential rain.  I do not have high hopes for those poor little seeds, but I did go out and whisper sweet nothings to them today, encouraging them to persevere now that they had a bit of sun.

I had planned a day of rest, rest, and more rest, but my dear friend Caryl posted a recipe to my Facebook wall, knowing I would jump right on it!




This is Spicy Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce.  It's my first ever barbecue sauce.  AND IT HAS DR PEPPER IN IT!!  I did tweak the recipe right from the get go.  It needed some spicy to go with all the sweet.  And more salt, for certain.  Tomorrow, I am planning a barbecue chicken sandwich out in my haven ... if the sunshine continues!

No comments: