Saturday, September 16, 2017

Finished floor...


Looking at the weather, I made an executive decision to put off the sealing until today.  The overnight low was still a bit low and the steps were quite dewy Friday morning.  Plus, well, I am the queen of procrastination.




It took me two and a half hours, a bit longer to than I wished, but it is DONE!  DONE!!  DONE!!!  That means all the wood tending on my porches is done and should not be needed again for two years.  All I will have to do is keep them clean ... I haven't done this in the past, so I hope to get better.  I have a blower and, now, a power washer.  Surely I can be a more responsible homeowner with such great tools, eh?

Now it is the Time of Waiting.  I really do like the CWF sealer, but it takes eons for the wood to dry.  You would think that a full 48 hours would do it, but I have found the wood still a bit tacky at that point.  However, I oft find myself putting everything back out on whatever porch or deck I have sealed at that point.

Monday, a storm is predicted, so I need things to be all set up.  The good news is that the steps, which are not protected by the porch ceiling, are in the sunlight.  So, I am hoping they will be good to go by the time the storm arrives.

It was a toss-up between the possibility of heavy dew and the impending rain.  I hope I made the right choice.  The ex-perfectionist in me is okay with that.  I made the best choice I could.  And I did a good job tending to my porches ... including remedying the error I made up on the airing porch.  Living with chronic illness and chronic pain, I did the best that I could.

Would that it were easier to learn to live with that.
SIGH.

No comments: