Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Weary...


One of the things that I have learned to endure is that my hair hurts.  The movement of it hurts my head.  It's a nerve thing.  And, as I so recently wrote, with the loss of hair I am experiencing with Sjögren's Syndrome, I had decided to walk back my desire to cut my hair.  Today, though, I have battled picking up the scissors pretty much every waking moment.

Yesterday ... AGAIN ... I forgot to take my meds.  For someone's whose life revolves around taking them and who has alarms set all day long to help with this and who set up a meds station in her kitchen, it is fairly mind-boggling at this point.  But I did.  I was so darned ill with violent waves of nausea that when they finally eased, I spent the day trying to sleep and rest and just ... recover from the battle.  Only forgetting my meds is yet another battle.

I have a CRUSHING headache and INSANE dizziness when I start withdrawing from gabapentin.  It happens so quickly, I suspect the baclofen withdrawal adds to the problem.  I have been battling violent waves of nausea again and a flare of pudendal neuralgia.  With all of that assailing me, I keep thinking that if I just lop off my hair, something would be a bit easier.  SIGH.

I'm still trying to get the new refrigerator repaired for a third time and awoke to more frozen food.  I called, but the repair company—a new one since the last one refused to come out again—is still waiting on the part:  the damper.  Yes, this is the same part that was replaced last April.  SIGH.

The kitchen faucet is still leaking.  Short of replacing it, I think I might have found something to help a bit, if I can only figure out how to keep the finial on top screwed down tightly.  If you take the finial off, no water comes out.  The water is leaking at the joins of the rise of the faucet (not at the valves in the handles).  If you screw the finial down tight enough, it sort of squeezes those joins together.  It is not the purpose of the finial and moving the faucet from side to side loosens it again.  I don't want to glue the finial down, but I wondered if there is some sort of stick stuff, like that pink plumbers tape you use when you are putting on a shower head.

I am a bit weary of things that should last eons breaking on me.
I am a bit weary of the ways my own body assails me.
I am a bit weary of everything.

No comments: