Tuesday, July 31, 2018

24 hours...


Well, my first go-round with the hospital patient advocate line worked really well.  What an incredible difference 24 hours made!

I received a call from a supervisor in the radiology department.  He listened to my concerns and the three accommodations that I am requesting.  He then went through each one very carefully.  Sadly, where I live, there are 27 radiologists, but there is just one female.  Or at least in the practice.  And they are independent, like neurology and orthopedics are, so the hospital has nothing to do with their work schedule.  So, it is most likely that I will have a made radiologist do the spinal tap.  But the supervisor is going to talk with whomever it is about minimizing touch with me.

However, BECKY CAN BE IN THERE WITH ME!  I am beyond excited.  So giddy am I, in fact, that I doubt I will be sleeping tonight.  I just cannot believe I went from no one can come in with you to she can be there in just 24-hours.

The news made for a better day today, even with three bouts of nausea.  I did manage to get to the bank in between them and to eat some of the Peruvian pork stew with chilis, limes, and apples.  Something about having regularly tasty food helps me endure the violent waves of nausea just a little bit easier.

I also listened to this talk  "A Dirty Church, Body Shame, and God’s Twisted Smile" by Chad Bird, which made for a pensive evening, ruminating on my own shame and the sweet, sweet gospel Chad presented.

Would that it were I could grasp it.

No comments: