Tuesday, June 21, 2005

6:40! Woo hoo!

After a wildly busy, incredibly productive, and yet frustrating day, I left close to my goal time. I also even managed to speed mow once I got home...and weed whack...and prune...and water.

I find myself thinking deeply about work. I am close to believing that I can never truly succeed there because of the last minute culture that pervades nearly every aspect of our organization. One thousand priorities makes for no real priorities. Being satisfied with throwing something together at the last minute, foregoing careful consideration and a clean presentation, is antithetical to my nature. I don't know how to do less than my best. And I've been half killing myself trying to bring those with whom I must work to complete many of my task into alignment with my world view...a futile endeavor.

Is it vain to say that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I could do ever so much more at work if my position were more supported? I believe that. Truly I do. So I suppose that is at the root of my frustration. I am not satisfied because there could be so much more accomplished...

The question is...if my boss is satisfied, should I not be the same?

No comments: