Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I made it through the event without fainting.

There were a few times during the speeches that things grew a bit dim. I had to work to stay upright and neglected to get all the photos I needed.

I was also so very completely miserable.

Every one was hot. The guests blew through the water supplies before the speeches started. The caterer ended up serving the speakers glasses of water quietly as the event went on. Every one was hot.

But not every one was in a situation that was dangerous to his/her health.

I keep asking myself why did I do it? Why didn't I just say that I could not manage the event given the temperature?

My face turned beat red. I was trembling. No one noticed. No one cared. Those who know heat is actually dangerous to me didn't even ask if I were okay or if I needed help.

It simply didn't matter.

I am thankful the event went well, that our company was represented well.

But...

No comments: