Sunday, June 19, 2005

I've spent the weekend reading four novels and sleeping....and sleeping...and sleeping.

Kashi and the birds have lounged about the house as well, snuggling with me during naps and hardly barking or chirping both days. Peace and quiet for sure.

The lawn is calling to me, fretting that it needs to be mowed, but I have turned a deaf ear. I'll sneak it in after work tomorrow...perhaps.

Of course, the beds in the yard have been scolding me over their lack of mulch yet, but the thought of picking up 20 bags or so and putting them on a cart, the schlepping them into the back of my car, only to have to lug them back out again and across the yard...well, needless to say, I have become quite adept at not thinking about the mulch.

To placate the call of the wild, I'll water this evening. After all, everything has to brace itself for the heat permeating each day. I just checked the weather for the week ahead...averaging 88-90 degrees. UGH!

How long until the fall?????

No comments: